Location: Dayton, OH
Salary: $15 - $17
The Customer Advocate is responsible for aiding customers over the phone and via electronic inquiries, entering customer orders and quotes into the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, and supporting outside sales staff.
- Enters customer quotes into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system; obtains correct part numbers and pricing and ensures the correct account is used. Works with the Purchasing Department for expedited orders and vendor communication.
- Processes customer orders over the phone, fax, email, and chat; contacts vendors to place orders and obtain lead times.
- Follows up on orders to proactively advise customers on the status of their order and enters accurate notes into the customer relationship management (CRM) database regarding the interaction with the customer.
- Required to be in the call queue to receive inbound customer calls throughout the day.
- Provides administrative support to outside sales staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position requires a high school diploma.
- This position requires a minimum of one to two years of experience in a related field or industry; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of ERP or CRM software is beneficial.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone, oral, and written communications skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.