$35,000 - $70,000 + Commission and Bonus
The Technology Consultant works in a fast-paced environment to support existing customers and drive new business. This position develops and supports sales strategies to expand market share within the region, promotes products, and addresses customer concerns in manufacturing, such as product quality, machine safety, and equipment efficiency. This position will assist C&E customers grow and prosper; proving that manufacturing in America is strong, safe, and high quality. The ideal candidate is technically-oriented, determined succeed, and able to build a positive rapport with everyone they meet.
- Develops a thorough understanding of our core product lines and their proper application.
- Travels to customer locations to provide technical consultation, and recommend products that addresses the customer's pain points, and provides product demonstrations.
- Works with Inside Sales to record call activity, manage opportunities, and develop quotations.
- Coordinate with our Technical Specialists to assist customers in successfully using our products.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through the attendance of education workshops, reviewing trade publications, and attending product training at our office and manufacturers’ locations.
- Attends training in Sandler Sales Mastery.
- Attend monthly corporate sales meetings.
- Lead follow up and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The position requires knowledge normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in business administration, sales, marketing, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years of related job experience or expertise in technical sales related to industrial automation is required.
- Driver’s License with clean driving record is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales principles, tactics, and strategies.
- Strong mechanical aptitude or interest in how things work.
- Strong self-management skills, including a high degree of professionalism and dependability.
- Ability to present information and sell products in services in a highly competitive environment.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel (up to 80% of the time) within the state of Ohio.
About C&E Advanced Technologies
Founded in 1978, C&E sales has grown to be a trusted provider of quality products and solutions covering Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. Our customers are OEM’s, End Users, Integrators, and Re-sellers. We support and sell equipment and software in the five areas of Sensors, Vision, Motion, Safety and Automation/Controls. We have built our business on professional integrity and superior customer service. We have a strong, welcoming corporate culture that provides our employees with a supportive environment.
- 401k and profit sharing
- Company-provided vehicle including insurance, maintenance, and fuel for all company-related travel
- Health, vision, dental, long- and short-term disability, and group life insurance
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off