$13 - $14/hour
The Receptionist works in a fast-paced environment to provide administrative support and handles and directs inquiries in person and over the phone. This position operates the multi-line switchboard, provides front desk support, and serves as a general administrative assistant as needed.
- Answers all incoming calls and routes to appropriate person or voicemail.
- Greets and assists visitors.
- Sorts, opens and distributes incoming mail.
- Distributes electronic faxes using Prelude system to determine appropriate Customer Service Representative for incoming orders.
- Prepares invoices for mailing.
- Maintains the vacation calendar for staff members and distributes daily schedule.
- Processes requests for certificates of insurance as needed.
- Handles requests for W-9 forms, as needed.
- Processes Industrial Reports – separates data according to sales territories and distributes the information to the appropriate Regional Sales Manager.
- Prepares purchase requisitions as needed.
- Updates employee information within system.
- Maintains file of Emergency Contact Forms and requests updates from employees as appropriate.
- Compiles and distributes monthly calendar of staff events, birthdays and anniversaries.
- General clerical support (scanning, electronic filing, etc.) as requested by other departments.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The position requires knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- One to two years of front desk/switchboard experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of office administration procedures and the ability to operate most standard office equipment
- Excellent telephone and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications, especially MS Word and Excel
- High level of interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Health, vision, dental, long- and short-term disability, and group life insurance
- 401k and profit sharing
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off