Keep Employees Safe With Simple Safety Measures
Every maintenance person knows that before they perform any type of equipment maintenance they need to follow Lockout/Tagout to insure that hazards from both electrical & mechanical are isolated. Failing these steps often lead production downtime, lost time wages, comp-claims, injuries or worse.
But did you know that even AFTER you've LO/TO electrical sources that you may be exposed to electrical injury? If your equipment contains devices like an alternate power source, variable frequency drives with capacitors or even an battery backup, you want to be sure all energy sources are disconnected/drained.
Permanent Electrical Safety Devices (PESDs) provide quick, visual indication that all energy sources are disconnected.
Features & Benefits
- Grace Voltage Indicators are Permanent Electrical Safety Devices (PESDs) that visually represent presence of voltage with flashing or non-flashing redundant LED lights.
- Typically hardwired to the load side of disconnect, Voltage Indicators illuminate whenever hazardous voltage is present in any individual phase.
- Safely and productively validates energy presence and enhances compliance to OSHA & NFPA 70E/CSAZ462, when installed and verified by a qualified electrician and incorporated into the facility’s electrical safety procedure.
Grace's Voltage Indicators are self-powered, UL listed, and permanently installed devices that visually represent presence of voltage with flashing or non-flashing, redundant LED lights. Typically hardwired to the load side of an electrical feeder or a disconnect switch, voltage indicators illuminate whenever hazardous voltage is present in any individual phase.
Voltage indicators greatly assist task qualified personnel with enhanced productivity and reduced risk while performing mechanical LOTO tasks by verifying energy presence.
The following are the GracePESDs voltage indicator certifications broken out by their respective part numbers:
- R-3W/R-3W-SR: cUL Listed (#E56847) Type 4, 4X, 12, & 13
- R-3W2: cUL Listed (#E334957) Type 4X, 12, & 13, IP67, CE, Class 1 Div 2 Group A, B, C, & D
- R-3F2: cUL Listed (#E256847) Type 4, 4X, 12, & 13, IP67
- R-3W-DC: cUL Listed (#256847) Type 4, 4X, 12, 13, IP67, Class 1 Div 2 Group A, B, C, & D
- R-3D2: cUL Listed (#E334957) Type 4X, 12, & 13, IP67, CE, CAT III/IV, Class 1 Div 2
Want more safety content?
Subscribe to our weekly Safety Report e-mail.