Product Spotlight: Siemens SINAMICS G120 Drive
The SINAMICS G120 is a modular frequency converter for the most diverse requirements. It offers high levels of integrated safety, energy savings, and network connectivity. The modular structure of the components and the wide power range from 0.55 to 250 kW ensure that you are always able to assemble the ideal converter for your requirements. This series of converters is available in three voltage variants for connection to 200 V, 400 V and 690 V networks. In addition, the SINAMICS G120 features a comprehensive safety package. STARTER or SINAMICS Startdrive is used for commissioning the safety functions. This modular and scalable standard drive may be configured in a wide variety of designs to meet many industrial drive applications. In addition, built-in math and logic eliminate the need for a separate PLC.
- Wide power range from 0.55 kW to 250 kW
- Versatile system for the most diverse applications
- Available not only in low and medium, but also in high-voltage versions
- Host of component combination options (Power Module, Control Unit, operator panel)
- Simple connection to SIMATIC controllers and seamless integration into the automation environment, and also part of TIA (Totally Integrated Automation)
- One standard engineering for all drives
- Universal, standardized safety concept - Safety Integrated
- Safety functions: STO, SS1, SBC, SLS, SDI, SSM
- Seamless implementation of safety functions in accordance with SIL 2 (EN 61508) and PL d (EN ISO 13849-1)
C&E Workshop: Siemens Drives-Based Safety Integrated With SINAMICS
Workshop will be held October 22nd in Nashville, TN.
This interactive workshop demonstrates the innovation that Safety Integrated technology brings to the plant floor. In this workshop, you will learn:
- About functional safety for machines and how safety integrated technology is being applied with drives
- How to program SINAMICS drives with safety integrated functions
- How innovations in functional safety are providing a win-win for industrial facilities
For more details visit www.ceadvancedtech.com/events
Siemens MICROMASTER 4 series Discontinuation
MM4 is officially on its way to that great control cabinet in the sky. Product discontinuation (available as spare part status) will be in effect as of October 1, 2019. The following changes will apply to all MICROMASTER drive products and related options:
- Substantial user price increase with products moving to spare parts category under a new discount code and pricing structure.
- Increased delivery time (60 working days), with no local inventory. All items built to order.
- Production supply will be backed as long as components are viably available until 2027.
- After that, access to MICROMASTER drives through Siemens will not be available.
(Note: In the future, it may be necessary to only offer refurbished units due to component availability.)
To ensure full system operation, we advise to replace MICROMASTER drives with successor products from the SINAMICS family. Read Siemens official MICROMASTER 4 series discontinuation announcement HERE.
C&E Technology Consultants and Specialists will aid you in this migration and help specify a solution from the SINAMICS product family.
This article doesn't even scratch the surface when it comes to highlighting the features of the Siemens SINAMICS G120X frequency converter. Let's chat about how we can help you organize the elements and improve the quality of peoples' lives. Contact us at 800-228-2790.