What is a Control Panel Selector Guide?
- A Control Panel Selector Guide is an interactive tool used to select components which will be used in a control panel.
- It is a listing of commonly stocked items.
- The selector guide walks through the process of selecting all the necessary products to build a control panel.
- It allows for a Bill of Materials (BOM) to be built for a control panel.
- The BOM is produced in PDF format which can then be saved, faxed, e-mailed, and/or printed.
Why use a panel selector?
- Save time by quickly finding the needed parts. No more searching through catalogs for commonly used components.
- Save lead-time. Everything you need is normally stocked at C&E or it's manufacturers.
- Save time getting a quote. Simply e-mail or fax the BOM to C&E Sales, and a quote will be provided for you on everything you need. It's easy!
How to use the C&E Sales, Control Panel Selector Guide:
- Start by clicking the button below marked Control Panel Selector Guide.
- You will then see the main screen that shows all of the main types of components in a control panel, minus the PLC.
- Click on the component you wish to see (i.e. 'Enclosure'). This will take you to a screen of common enclosures.
Choose the desired enclosure for your requirement and click on the box in the top left-hand corner.
- Choose a compatible sub panel, if needed, in the same manner.
- Once the parts are selected, click 'Add Selected' from the left-hand menu.
- The system will then ask for the following information:
- Once that information is filled in, you will be redirected back to the main screen. The Enclosure drawing will now be highlighted in green,
which indicates that an enclosure has been selected.
- The Bill of Materials will now be shown at the bottom of the diagram. You can adjust the quantities of the desired parts at this time.
- Continue this process until you have selected all the desired components of your control panel and added them to your Bill of Materials.
- Once complete, you can save the Bill of Materials as a PDF document that can be printed, e-mailed, faxed, or saved for later.